WonderPlanet Inc. (the "Company") handles personal information in relation to the services provided by the Company as follows.
- 1. Acquisition of personal information
Personal information means information about an individual which can be used to identify that specific individual due to its inclusion of a name, date of birth, or other such information (this includes any information that can be easily cross-checked against other information and thereby used to identify that specific individual).
The Company obtains personal information properly without using deception or other wrongful means.
- 2. Safety measures for personal data
Personal data means personal information compiled in a database, etc. of personal information (that is a set of information which includes personal information, which is structurally organized to enable a computer to be used to retrieve certain personal information from it, or is a set of information which is structurally organized to enable certain personal information to be easily retrieved from it by arranging personal information in an order pursuant to certain rules and includes a table of contents, index, or other element that enables its contents to be readily searched).
The Company takes appropriate safety measures to prevent leakage of, loss of, or damage to, the personal data it handles. The Company appropriately supervises its employees and entrusted parties.
- 3. Purposes of use of personal information
The Company will use personal information in order:
- (1)for users to smoothly use the services provided by the Company;
- (2)to compile statistical data on the use of the services provided by the Company;
- (3)to conduct questionnaires regarding the services that the Company currently provides or considers providing in the future;
- (4)for identification and authentication services;
- (5)for the Company to charge fees;
- (6)for system maintenance and responding to system issues;
- (7)to respond to inquiries from users of the services provided by the Company;
- (8)to inform through e-zines and the like about services of the Company and promotional information from advertisers who are business operators other than the Company;
- (9)to formulate plans for, and provide, the Company's existing services or future services;
- (10)for lotteries and delivery of prizes and goods for promotional campaigns and the like;
- (11)to make communications as necessary, such as important notices about a service of the Company; and
- (12)for other purposes separately set out in each service provided by the Company.
- 4. Provision of personal data to third parties
The Company does not provide personal data to any third party except in any of the following cases:
- if the consent of the person in question has been obtained;
- if pursuant to a law or regulation;
- if it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question;
- if there is a special need to improve public health or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question;
- if it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or a party entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person in question is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions;
- if personal data is provided along with the succession of a business of the Company due to a merger, company split, business transfer, or other such circumstances
- if all or part of a business of the Company is entrusted to a third party;
- if personal data is disclosed to a party who owes a confidentiality obligation to the Company;
- if the provision of personal data is necessary to exercise a right of the Company; or
- as otherwise separately set out in each service of the Company.
- 5. Personal information handling at linked sites
The Company might display links to external sites in connection with the Company's services, but the Company is not liable for personal information registered or collected at those external sites.
- 6. Disclosure, etc. of retained personal data
Retained personal data means personal data that the Company has the authority to disclose; to correct, add, or delete content from; to discontinue use of; to erase; or to discontinue provision of to a third party, other than data whose known presence or absence from a database is likely to harm the public interest or other interests (meaning data that is likely to, through its known presence or absence from a database, (i) cause the death of, personal injury to, or property damage to the person in question or a third party, (ii) encourage or induce an illegal or wrongful act, or (iii) threaten national security, or damage the relationship of trust with another country or an international organization, or cause disadvantages in negotiations with another country or an international organization), or other than data that will be deleted within six months.
If the Company is requested by a person to disclose the person's retained personal data, the Company will disclose the retained personal data (or, a notice informing of the nonexistence of the requested data) in accordance with the procedures separately prescribed by the Company. However, the Company will not respond to the disclosure request if:
- the disclosure is likely to cause the death of, personal injury to, or damage to a property, right, or interest of the person in question or a third party;
- the disclosure is likely to significantly impede the appropriate performance of the business of the Company
- the disclosure constitutes a breach of a law or regulation; or
- the Company is unable to confirm that the disclosure request is from the person in question.
If the person who is the subject of certain personal data retained by the Company judges that the data is not accurate, the person in question can make a request for correction, addition, or deletion of the data in accordance with the procedures separately prescribed by the Company. In that case, the Company will conduct an investigation without delay to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use, and then conduct correction, addition, or deletion of the personal data based on the investigation results.
If the Company is requested to disclose retained personal data that is not confirmed in any of the services provided by the Company, the Company might charge a disclosure fee in accordance with the procedures separately prescribed by the Company.
- 7. Personal information of minors
If a minor uses a service provided by the Company and submits his or her personal information, the minor must obtain consent from the person who has parental authority over the minor or any other statutory agent of the minor, and if the Company is requested by the person with parental authority or any other statutory agent to discontinue the use of or erase the retained personal data of the minor, the Company will comply with the request.
- 8. Information acquired and method of acquisition in each service
The information to be acquired and the method of acquisition used in each service provided by the Company are as follows.
- Users' Facebook or Google+ information
- If a user of a service of the Company (a "User") agrees to use Facebook Connect or a Google+ function and to allow the Company to receive the User's information retained by Facebook or Google, the Company will obtain the User's information retained by Facebook or Google.
- Profile information and character name
- A User might be requested to register profile information and a character name. The registration may be made at the discretion of the User.
- E-mail address, game ID and password linked to the ID
- A User might be requested to enter an ID and password in using a service of the Company, and if those are not entered, the User might not be able to use the service.
- Cookies are used for the purpose of enhancement of convenience for Users by saving User settings, for the purpose of security by maintaining and protecting sessions, and for the purpose of provision of better services by ascertaining Users' frequency of access to, Users' manner of use of, and number of Users of, each service of the Company.
- The IP address, browser type, browser language, and similar information will be automatically generated and saved when a User uses a service of the Company.
- Device information
- Information regarding the device used by the Users (OS, terminal model name, terminal identification number) might be obtained.
- 9. External transmission and incorporation of information collection module
An information collection module is not incorporated into the services provided by the Company, and personal information of the Users will not be transmitted to any third party unless transmitted from the Company.
- 10. Information of deregistered users
If a User deletes the User's account for a service provided by the Company, the Company will properly process the user information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and the rules separately established by the Company.
- 12. Inquiries